A L B A L A G H
N E W S L E T T E R
The newsletter will inform you of updates to this page,
as well as provide other useful information.
4th Muslim Lawyers Conference, Potsdam 1st July 2001
Declaration on The State of Conflict in Macedonia
Posted: 11 Rabi-u-Thani 1422, 3 July 2001
In the Name of Allah, All-Merciful, Most Merciful
- The Muslims of Macedonia have been subjected to a consistent abuse of their position in
- The Muslims of Macedonia consist of Albanians, Turks, Pomaks, Bosnians and Gypsies.
- The Muslims of Macedonia constitute 50% of the Macedonian society.
- The Albanians of Macedonia constitute less than 30% of Macedonian society.
- The Muslims of Macedonia have been erroneously identified as an ethnic minority of
- The attacks against the culture, heritage and religious unity of the Muslims have been
directed at all the Muslims not just the Albanians.
- The war being initiated by the Government of Macedonia is not an ethnic issue, it is a
clear attack against the Muslims and therefore against 50% of the society.
- The Muslims of Macedonia seek neither the breakup of, nor secession from the republic of
- The current development of the impending war is a replica of the procedure used in
Bosnia and Kosovo.
- It will result not only in the extension of NATO & EU occupation of the Balkans and
the breakup of the Muslim integrity of the area, but also in the loss of independence of
the Republic of Macedonia.
- NATO instruments and forces are being used to occupy the lands surrounding the future
oil pipeline from Bulgaria through Macedonia to Albania.
- No Muslim dominance will be tolerated in this area.
The Muslim Position
- The Muslim Lawyers Association of Europe view with extreme gravity the buildup of a
further genocidal campaign against the Muslims of the Balkans under the disguise of
nation-state and ethnicity.
- We strongly condemn, and urge resistance to, a third round of NATO control in the area.
- We do not accept the "ethnic Albanian" labeling of the Muslims of the Balkans.
- We call for the support of all the Muslims of the World to help the Muslims of the
Balkans and Macedonia in this situation.
- We call for the banner of Islam to be raised high in the affair, and the truth to be
- We urge both parties in the impending Macedonian conflict to draw back from war and
resolve their problems through negotiations, and thereby to bring about peace.
Potsdam 1st July 2001