Du’as for Getting Married
Posted: 20 Muharram 1432, 26 December 2010
Q. . I am unmarried and facing great difficulty in getting married. Very few proposals come due to my increased age and no progress is seen. I request you to suggest me the Qur’anic ayat or any other Islamic adhkar for getting good proposals and to get married soon.
A.May Allah (SWT) ease all your difficulties and grant you a pious and righteous spouse. My sincere advice to you in the meantime is as follows:
1. Perform Salat-ul Hajat and ask Allah (SWT) to grant you a pious compatible husband.
2. Do not pay attention to the questions of people and do not allow yourself to become overwhelmed by their comments and questions.
3. Ponder over the fact that this worldly life is temporary, and in fact very short. Our real objective in life is the worship of Allah (SWT). Hence, whilst you have the opportunity to engage in a lot of Ibadat, use this time profitably rather than spending it in disappointment and depression. You will Inshallah find the great sweetness Allah (SWT) has kept in His worship.
4. Ponder over the fact that Allah (SWT) has mentioned in the Holy Qur’an that He is sufficient for his servants.
5. Recite 'Ya Jaami'u' in abundance. You may also recite
رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ
"Rabbi Innee Limaa Anzalta illayya min Khairin Faqeer" [28:24]
(translation: "O' my Rabb, Verily I am most in need of any good that You might bestow on me.").
Recite it seven times after every salah with Durood Shareef (Salat Ibrahimiya) thrice at the beginning and end.
6. Endeavour to speak to pious influential and understanding people within your family to assist you in this regard.
7. Always maintain the respect of your parents.
8. Keep yourself occupied and do not allow your mind to remain idle.
May Allah (SWT) grant you a compatible pious husband.